Monday, June 6, 2011

South Island Trip Day #13

The morning started with a drive to Lake Pukaki which was like a milky color from all the clay runoff it got. It was absolutely gorgeous with the mountains in the background and the sun hitting the lake just right. We kept on driving to Mt. Cook where we would take a tramp up the Hooker Valley just far enough to get a good picture of Mt. Cook. I wasn't feeling well that day so the hike took a lot out of me and so I was happy when we got back into the car and headed towards Lake Tekapo for the night.

Once we got to Tekapo we walked around the lake and took lots of pictures and I even skipped stones like I did when I was a little kid. It was incredible to see the mountains and sun reflect of the lake and it created a beautiful picture. We were off to find a place to sleep for the night and it turns out so were some other vehicles so we all ended up parked together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment